Decorate cupcakes. Prepare three decorating bags with tip #127 and fill each with tinted icing. Then try these decorating techniques:
1. Party Flower Cupcake: With narrow end of tip up and wide end touching edge of cupcake, use loose zigzag technique to pipe icing towards center. Repeat six times around cupcake.
2. Petunia Cupcake: Using petunia technique, position bag at 45-degree angle with wide end of tip touching surface. Squeeze bag, moving tip to outer edge. Turn cupcake and jiggle to form ruffle, releasing pressure as you bring tip back towards center to starting point. Stop squeezing and pull away. Repeat for five more petals around cupcake.
3. Scroll Cupcake: Position bag so tip is parallel to surface, with tip facing towards center of cupcake. Starting 1/4 inch from edge of cupcake, pipe out and away from edge, then up and over towards center of cupcake, overlapping icing as you come to center. Continue around entire cupcake.
4. Precious Rose Cupcake: Using rose technique, pipe rose on cupcake. Use tip #127 to pipe center cone of rose.
5. Orange Blossom Cupcake: Using apple blossom technique, pipe five petals around entire cupcake.
6. Blue Daisy Cupcake: Using daisy technique, pipe petals around entire cupcake.
7. Spiral Cupcake: With bag at 45-degree angle and narrow end of tip at edge of cupcake and wide end touching surface, pipe swirl on cupcake to cover.
8. Flat Petal Cupcake: Hold bag at 90-degree angle, with narrow end of tip facing center of cupcake and wide end on edge of cupcake. Squeeze bag, applying steady, even pressure, moving toward center of cupcake. Stop squeezing and pull away. Repeat around edge of cupcake. Pipe second row of flat petals in center.