Strawberry Pink Ribbon Cake
Serve this arrestingly iced awareness symbol at breast-cancer fundraisers. Use our recipe and icing instructions to create a strawberry-flavored Ribbon Pan cake.
1 pkg(18.25 ounces) white cake mix no pudding in the mix
1/2 cup sour cream
4 egg whites
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
1 pkg (16 ounces) frozen sweetened strawberries Thawed, and pureed
3-1/2 cups Buttercream icing or White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Ribbon Pan Add to shopping list Ribbon Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray ribbon cake pan with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, egg whites, vegetable oil and, if desired, icing color with electric mixer. Beat on high 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add pureed strawberries. Continue mixing 2 to 3 minutes or until well blended. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center is clean when removed. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Cut cake board to shape; cover with silver fanci-foil. Tint 1-1/4 cups icing pink. Position cooled cake on prepared board. Spatula ice sides smooth with white icing; spatula ice top fold area of ribbon smooth with pink icing. Outline ribbon in pink with tip 4; fill in with tip 16 pink stars. Pipe tip 18 white shells on bottom border.