Done up in shades of blue, this Baseball Mitt Pan cake will fit your guy?s special occasion like a glove. It really impresses when set on a green-coconut topped board and surrounded by candy-wafer baseballs.
We suggest that you tint all icing at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 2 3/4 cups buttercream icing
? Tint 1 cup blue
? Tint 3/4 cup light blue (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
? Tint 1/2 cup brown--combine Brown, Christmas Red, Golden Yellow (thin 1/4 cup with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup
? Tint 1/4 cup red
? Reserve 1/4 cup white (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
Decorate in Order:
1. Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board. Ice sides smooth with thinned light blue icing.
2. Ice pocket area smooth with thinned brown icing.
3. Use tip 3 to outline mitt with blue icing.
4. Ice baseball smooth with thinned white icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Use tip 3 to add stitching on baseball in red icing.
5. Use tip 12 to pipe dot cording on edge of pocket and outline inside pocket with brown icing.
6. Use tip 16 to cover glove with stars with blue icing.
7. Use tip 8 and brown icing to outline laces. Pat slightly flat using finger dipped in cornstarch.
8. Use tip 2 and red icing to pipe stitching on candy wafers. You will need 15-18.
9. Tint shredded coconut green.
10. Position coconut and candy wafer baseballs at bottom border.
This Mitt is a Hit Cake is rated
4.0 out of
Rated 4 out of
This is a fun and fresh take on a traditional baseball cake to make for your little league players! They love the grass effect and the stitching on the globe and again, totally customizable to the team colors!