Wilton 2018 Bake Your World Happy Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
Not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), Instagram, LLC (“Instagram”), or Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”).
By entering, you agree to these Official Rules, which create a contract; please read them carefully. This contract requires disputes to be submitted to binding arbitration and waives any class action claim and the right to a jury trial.
1. How to Enter: Sweepstakes begins at approximately 10:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on March 10, 2018 and ends at 10:00 a.m. CT, March 24, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter:
A. Take a photograph of a baking project you created and then, during the Sweepstakes Period, log into one or more of your social media accounts below and post or tweet the photograph with a brief caption describing your project and the hashtags #BakeYourWorldHappy and #Sweepstakes (“Required Tags”), as follows:
- Facebook. In one post on Sponsor’s official Wilton Cake Decorating Page, https://www.facebook.com/wilton.cake.decorating, include photograph, caption, and Required Tags.
- Instagram. In one post, include photograph, caption, and Required Tags.
- Twitter. In one tweet, include photograph, caption, and Required Tags.
Adding Required Tags to a photograph previously posted will void the entry. Each entry must include only the photograph, caption, and Required Tags (“Entry Content”) specified above and must also comply with the Submission Requirements below and the terms of service for the applicable social media platform, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Any other content is prohibited and will void the entry. By entering (except where prohibited by law), you also agree to the License and Acknowledgement below.
Note: If your account settings are private or limited, Sponsor may not receive your entry. Your post/tweet must remain visible to Sponsor until prizes are awarded. Sponsor not responsible for errors in posts/tweets or other issues that affect its ability to identify eligible entries. You need not follow Sponsor on any social media platform, but must be able to receive messages, replies to or comments on your post/tweet, direct posts or messages, or other communications from Sponsor through the applicable social media platform.
B. Limit one entry per person per social media platform for up to three per person, one through each social media platform, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
C. Except for the requirements in these Official Rules, the content of the caption and photograph that is part of a valid entry will not affect the odds of winning.
D. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to any social media platform (or website or mobile application offered as part of a platform) that interfere with the Sweepstakes or your ability to timely enter or participate.
2. Who may enter: Open only to legal residents of one of fifty United States or District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age and age of majority at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents (collectively, with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, “Released Parties”, each, a “Released Party”), and the immediate families of or members of the same household of each, are not eligible.
3. Submission Requirements. Each entry must comply with the following:
A. Photograph must be a still image (e.g., no video, gif, Boomerang, etc.).
B. By including content that depicts or mentions an identifiable person, you agree that: (1) the person is 18 years old or older and the age of majority and you have the person’s approval to depict or mention him or her and can provide proof of approval in writing at Sponsor’s request or (2) the person is your minor child or ward and you may and do grant approval on his or her behalf.
D. No Entry Content may have been previously published or submitted in any other contest, promotion, or competition.
E. An entry may not create or imply any association between Sponsor and any individual or entity or his, her, or its products or services.
F. An entry may not contain any advertising (such as corporate logos, brand names, or slogans), recognizable branded products, or commercial artwork other than that of Sponsor contained in the Required Tags or otherwise included in Entry Content.
G. An entry may not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory (including trade libel), disparaging, harassing, threatening, profane, obscene, indecent, inappropriate, or injurious to any party. An entry may not contain or describe any harmful or illegal activity or conduct or violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations and may not suggest, depict, or describe any inappropriate, unlawful, or dangerous behavior or misuse of Sponsor’s or any other products or services.
H. An entry must be appropriate for presentation in a public forum.
I. You agree that your participation in this Sweepstakes and agreement to these Official Rules, including use of Entry Content by a Released Party as permitted under these Official Rules, will not violate any agreement that you have with another.
J. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify the Released Parties against any claims by a third party related to use of Entry Content by a Released Party as permitted under these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant whose entry refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon a Released Party, the Sweepstakes, or any other person or entity or does not comply with these Official Rules (including the Submission Requirements).
4. License and Acknowledgement. By entering:
A. License. Except where prohibited by law, you grant to each Released Party (and its agents, successors, and assigns) the irrevocable, sublicensable, perpetual right to use, modify, copy, adapt, publish, and exploit any Entry Content in any media throughout the world, in any language, and in any manner for any purpose, without notice, approval, or compensation to you (other than the opportunity to win a prize in this Sweepstakes). You waive and release each Released Party from any claims that you may now or later have in any jurisdiction, including based on “moral rights” or unfair competition, related to use of Entry Content by a Released Party as permitted under these Official Rules and further agree not to make, participate in, or authorize any claim against any Released Party, its licensees, or any other person in connection with this Sweepstakes, on the grounds that use of any Entry Content under this license infringes or violates any of your rights, including moral rights.
B. Acknowledgement. You acknowledge and agree that: (1) There is no confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship between you and any Released Party; (2) Sponsor has access to a wide range of ideas, images, and other creative materials, some of which may be similar or even identical to your Entry Content, and that under no circumstances will you be entitled to any compensation for Sponsor’s use of any similar or identical materials; and (3) with respect to any claim you may have relating to a Released Party’s use of any Entry Content (or other material submitted by you in connection with this Sweepstakes), any damage caused will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle you to seek injunctive or other equitable relief and your rights and remedies are strictly limited to a right to claim damages.
5. Winning: Winner will be selected in a random drawing on about March 27, 2018. Only one prize per person.
6. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received.
7. Prizes: Three entrants will each win a prize consisting solely of the following Wilton products having an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $122.51.
- Yellow Sparkle Gel – ARV: $2.99
- Yellow Candy Melts - ARV: $3.79
- Bright White Candy Melts - ARV: $3.79
- Yellow Colored Sugars - ARV: $2.29
- Pearlized Gold Sprinkle Mix - ARV: $3.74
- Spring Sprinkles Assortment, 6.24 oz. - ARV: $5.99
- Yellow Icing Pouch with Tip - ARV: $3.99
- Decorator Preferred Yellow Fondant - ARV: $10.99
- Gold Stars Edible Accents - ARV: $5.99
- Edible Accents Gold Hearts - ARV: $5.99
- Color Right Food Coloring System - ARV: $24.99
- Perfect Results 17.25 x 11.5 - ARV: $9.99
- Easy Layers! 6 Inch Round Cake Pan Set - ARV: $14.99
- 12 Inch Disposable Decorating Bags 100 Ct. – ARV: $22.99
Total ARV: $367.53. The prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Prize is not transferable; no substitutions or cash redemptions except at Sponsor’s discretion. All taxes are the sole responsibility of winner.
8. Notification: Sponsor will notify each potential winner based on the social media platform used for the entry, as follows.
A. Facebook: Facebook direct message, post on the Wilton Cake Decorating Page on Facebook, comment posted on entry, or a combination.
B. Instagram: Direct message or comment posted on potential winner’s entry, or both.
C. Twitter: Reply to tweet or direct message, or both.
9. Claiming A Prize: A potential winner must respond within seven days following the instructions in Sponsor’s notification, which may include providing verification of status as registered account holder of the social media account used for the entry and returning a signed affidavit of eligibility and waiver of liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law) within three days. “Registered account holder” means the person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address associated with the social media account used to enter. If potential winner does not respond or does not follow Sponsor’s instructions, prize, may in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited and Sponsor may select an alternate winner. Sponsor will not be obligated to contact more than three alternate winners for any prize for any reason, in which case that prize may not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the procedures for notifying an alternate, such as by requiring a response to Sponsor’s initial notification within three days.
10. GOVERNING LAW: You agree that these Official Rules and your participation in the Sweepstakes are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois.
11. DISPUTES AND BINDING ARBITRATION: You and Sponsor each waive the right to a jury trial and the right to bring or resolve any dispute as a class, consolidated, representative, or collective action. You and Sponsor each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined arbitration rules and procedures of JAMS Inc. The arbitrator’s decision and award are final and binding. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will apply to the arbitration. A dispute will be arbitrated only individually and may not be consolidated with other proceedings that involve a dispute with another party, including class actions or class arbitrations. Under no circumstances will you be permitted or entitled to obtain, and hereby waive all rights to claim, an award for incidental or consequential damages.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to release, hold harmless, and indemnify each of the Released Parties from and against any liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes.
13. Disclaimer: The Released Parties are not responsible for any communications malfunction, error, or delay; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; failure of communications due to issues outside its control (e.g., filtering, entrant’s social media platform settings, mailbox space, removal of entries by social media platform, change to social media platform that affect entries or the functioning of this Sweepstakes, etc.).
14. Decisions: Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including interpretation of these Official Rules, validity of entries, selection of the winner, and awarding of prize. Sponsor’s failure or decision not to enforce any provision of these Official Rules will not waive that or any other provision.
15. Winner’s List/Official Rules: To receive a list of winners send a stamped self-addressed envelope before June 27, 2018 to: Wilton 2018 Bake Your World Happy Sweepstakes-Winner’s List, Wilton Industries, Inc., 535 Diehl Road, Suite 300, Naperville, IL 60563, Attention: Digital Marketing. For a copy of these Official Rules, print out these pages or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Sponsor: Wilton Industries, Inc., 535 Diehl Road, Suite 300, Naperville, IL 60563.