Buttercream icing stiff consistency
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Flower Nail Add to shopping list Flower Nail
- Easy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
- Easy-Add Flower Nail Templates Add to shopping list Flower Nail Templates
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
Decorate with: Tip 104 using stiff consistency royal icing. Use flower nail no. 7 covered with pre-cut icing flower square. Hold bag at a 45° angle with wide end of tip lightly touching surface.
Position bag so wide end of tip is down, narrow end slightly tilted in. Squeeze the bag as you rotate flower nail to create a tight center bud.
Move narrow end straight up. Continue squeezing and turning nail.
When rose is the size you want, stop pressure and lift tip away.
Hint: These ribbon roses are straight-up spirals which show off deep ridged petal edges. You can create a taller ribbon rose by piping a heavy base of icing, then proceeding with the steps below.