The Primrose is a flat flower with richly textured petals. Key to the heart-shaped petals is perfecting a “curve-dip-curve” motion as you spin the flower nail.
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Flower Nail Templates Add to shopping list Flower Nail Templates
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
Decorate with: Tip 103 for petals, tip 14 for star center, tip 3 for dot and medium consistency royal icing. Use flower nail no. 7 and apple blossom/primrose template from flower nail templates set covered with pre-cut icing flower square. For petals hold bag at 45° at 3:00 (9:00 for lefties); for center and dots, hold bag at 90° straight up.
Use tip 103. Wide end is slightly touching the center of the nail, narrow end is pointing out and angled 1/4 in. above the nail surface.
Use medium pressure, move tip out 1/4 in. along the dotted line of the template. Use a curve-dip-curve motion as you turn the nail, letting the spin of nail form the petal. Relax pressure as you move back to the starting point to form the first petal.
Repeat to form the remaining four petals. flower will be the size of the entire flower nail.
For center, add tip 14 yellow star center. Add tip 1 dot to star.
Hint: The primrose is a flat flower with textured petals. Key to the heart-shaped petals is perfecting a “curve-dip-curve” motion as you spin the flower nail.