Plumeria Flowers like dazzling pinwheels, with twisting petals in a star formation. Capture the soft contrasting colors with brushstrokes of non-toxic chalk.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Kelly Green Icing Color for calyxes (mix with a little royal blue and black)Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set (use Dogbone, Medium Ball tools)Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Lily Nail Set Add to shopping list Lily Nail Set
- Foam square
- 6 pieces 20 gauge cloth-covered florist wire
- 3 in. aluminum foil squares
- Tea Strainer
Tint gum paste rose and roll out 1/16 in. thick. For each flower, cut 5 petals using large leaf Cut-Out.
Soften edges of wide end of petals on thin foam using medium ball tool.
Curl 1 edge of each petal by rolling around a toothpick. Brush pointed ends with gum paste adhesive and lay in a fan position.
Roll together to shape flower. Cut hidden pillars into 1 1/2 in. lengths. Shape 3 in. squares of aluminum foil in largest lily nail; remove foil and make an opening in bottom of foil cup. Position flower in foil cup and set in pillar length to dry.
To make 20 calyxes, shape 1/2 in. balls of gum paste into teardrop shapes. Indent wide end with dogbone tool and add hooked wire into narrow end. Attach to base of each flower with adhesive, smoothing up against flower. Let dry with flower turned upside down resting on petals. When dry, dust flowers with non-toxic chalk which has been grated in tea strainer. Using tip 7, pipe a mound of icing for base.