Gum Paste Carnation
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Shaping Foam Add to shopping list Shaping Foam
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
Spread thin film of shortening on Roll & Cut Mat. Roll out a small piece of white gum paste less than 1/16 in. thick. Cut 5 or 6 circles for each carnation using the medium Round Cut-Out. Place 1 circle on thin foam dusted with Dusting Pouch; place others under Practice Board flap. Holding small end of veining tool like a pencil, press heel down at edge of circle and pull out to form a ruffle.
Continue all the way around circle. Overlap impressions to create a torn ruffled look. Repeat for 2 more ruffled circles.
Brush center of Carnation Base with gum glue adhesive. Gently press 1 ruffled circle on top of base to attach. Repeat with other 2 ruffled circles.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more