Fondant Vase Topper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Crisped rice cereal treats recipe
- Easy-Add Candy Melts® Add to shopping list Candy Melts®
- Globe Pillar Sets (2 in. globe and 9 in. pillar needed)Easy-Add Globe Pillar Sets Add to shopping list Globe Pillar Sets
- Easy-Add Graceful Vines Fondant Imprint Mat Add to shopping list Graceful Vines Fondant Imprint Mat
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
For top section, cover top hole of one globe with a 2 in. circle of fondant.
Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Imprint design using Graceful Vines Mat. Use pattern to cut eight small petals. Starting at bottom center, use piping gel to attach petals to globe, alternating points up, then down. Trim excess as needed.
For topper base, prepare cereal treat mixture. Press into both halves of lightly greased sports ball pan. Insert 9 in. pillar from globe set through center of one half to meet bottom of pan. Use end of same pillar to mark center opening on other half; cut out treat mixture from center.
Spread melted candy over top of half with pillar. Immediately unmold other half and insert over pillar, securing halves together and reshaping as needed. Let set then unmold.
Use pastry brush to coat ball and 1 3/4 in. of pillar with melted candy for a smooth surface. Let set. Use fondant to build up and taper up to 1 3/4 in. of pillar. Position top section on pillar, securing with melted candy. Let set.
Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick and imprint design using mat as above. Use pattern to cut seven large petals. Starting at bottom center, attach to base and pillar with piping gel, overlapping slightly. Use melted candy to attach to cake circle cut to 4 in. dia. Use icing and tip 2 to pipe over imprinted designs.