A very bright idea! Fondant candles with sparkling star flames.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Yellow Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Yellow Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
- Star Cut-Outs™ (medium used)Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Waxed paper
- 1 in. high craft block
- Sharp Knife
Tint 2 oz. fondant rose, blue, green, yellow and violet. Also tint 1 oz. of fondant portions in a darker shade of rose, blue green and violet.
For flames, roll out dark yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 5 stars using medium Cut-Out. Lightly brush stars with water and sprinkle with Cake Sparkles; let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
For wicks, attach 1 1/4 in. long pieces of licorice to backs of stars with fondant thinned down with water (fondant adhesive); let dry.
For candles, cut 4 dowel rods to 5 in. long and 1 to 6 in. long. Roll out light rose, blue, green, violet fondant and cut strips 2 1/2 x 5 or 6 in. long (length of dowel rod), lightly brush fondant with damp brush. Wrap strips around dowel rods (use green for 6 in. candle); trim off excess and smooth with fingers.
For spiral trim, roll out dark shaded fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 1/4 x 8 in. strips. Attach strips around dowel rods with damp brush; let dry. Insert a matching-color fondant ball at top of each dowel rod. Insert wicks.