Fantasy Gumpaste Flowers
The heart-shaped petals of these fantasy flowers can be made with any size heart cutter. For a smaller flower, use the smallest cutter from the nesting heart cutter set.
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Mini Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Tea Strainer
Prepare 1 can gum paste; tint red. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. For each large flower, cut 5 hearts using largest Cut-Out; for each medium flower cut 5 hearts using medium Cut-Out. Place each heart on thin foam and ruffle top edge with ball tool.
Attach 5 hearts together in overlapping fashion, brushing overlapping areas with gum paste adhesive. Let large flowers dry in mini ball pan cavities dusted with cornstarch; use mini muffin cavities to dry medium flowers, let dry overnight. When dry, brush flowers with non-toxic purple chalk which has been grated in tea strainer.
To make fantasy flowers, attach medium flowers inside large flowers using adhesive. Using royal icing, pipe tip 3 stamens in all flowers; let dry.