Try some fun color combinations–yellow petals with yellow or blue centers, violet or blue petals with yellow centers and peach petals with orange centers. Highlight centers with Wilton Cake Sparkles™ or colored sugars.
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Standard Coupler Add to shopping list Standard Coupler
- Flower Former Set (medium used)Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Waxed paper
Decorate with: Petal tip 104 for petals, round tip 5 for center and medium consistency royal icing or buttercream icing. For royal icing flowers, use flower nail no. 7 with daffodil template flower square. Hold tip 104 at a 45° angle to surface 3:00 (9:00), with wide end lightly touching surface 1/4 in. away from center of nail, narrow end pointing out to outer edge.
Dot the center of surface with icing as a guide for your flower center. Starting at any point near the outer edge, squeeze and move tip toward center icing dot. Stop pressure, pull tip away.
Repeat for a total of 12 or more petals, piping two petals in each section of template.
Hold round tip 5 at a 90° angle to surface. Pipe tip 5 dot flower center. Press to flatten.
Hint: Big and bold flowers can be made just the right size to cover your cupcake top. You can make daisies in advance using royal icing or directly on your cupcake top in buttercream. For larger daisies on cupcakes use a tip 125.