Clam Shell Cake Topper
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Aster Mauve Icing Color Add to shopping list Aster Mauve Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- lemon extract
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters (largest cutter used)Easy-Add Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add 9 in. Rolling pin Add to shopping list 9 in. Rolling pin
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Shaping Foam Add to shopping list Shaping Foam
Add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 5 oz. white fondant. Tint very light ivory; add a few dots of aster mauve and gently knead to marbleize with a streaked look.
Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut two circles using large circle cutter. Cut a straight edge on each circle 1/2 in. from end. Mark center of straight edge 2 3/4 in. wide. Cut angles from markings 1 1/2 in. long, to taper sides upward for fan shape. Shape shell pieces on thin foam with narrow veining tool, starting on straight edge and fanning outward.
Let dry on outside of sports ball pan half dusted with cornstarch, veined side up. Paint shell halves with white Pearl Dust/lemon extract mixture