- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 81 Add to shopping list Tip: 81
- Easy-Add Flower Nail Add to shopping list Flower Nail
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Mum template
- Easy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
Decorate with: Tip 5 for center mound, tip 81 for petals and stiff consistency icing royal icing. Use flower nail no. 7 with rose template from flower nail templates set covered with icing flower square. Hold bag at 90° angle to flower nail for center, 45° for petals.
Attach icing flower square over template on flower nail with a dot of icing. Hold bag at 90° angle to flower nail. Pipe a tip 5 mound of orange royal icing on center circle of template.
Insert tip 81 into mound (postioning half moon curve down), squeeze firmly and pull out to the second circle on the template (approx. ¼ in. long). Lift up and away slightly at a 45° angle as you release pressure for each petal. Repeat as needed to form first row of petals. Petals should extend only to second circle of template.
Repeat, piping the next row of petals slightly shorter, positioning them between petals in first row. Pipe additional rows of petals a little shorter and remember to pull tips up slightly.
Hint: This fall classic is easier to pipe than you might think. The secret to success—the curved opening of tip 81, piped with a simple petal-making motion.