Everyone smiles back at the sweet cherubs on your cake! Basic fondant shapes create the body; the wings are heart cut-outs, cut in half, then trimmed with feathered slits. To make 3-D cherubs, make sure you start 2 days ahead of time to allow for drying.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Copper Icing Color (for light skin tone shown)Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Heart Cut-Outs™ (use largest heart)Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Craft knife
- Waxed paper
- Craft block
- Cotton Balls
Knead in 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 8 oz fondant. For wings, roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 2 hearts using largest Cut-Out. Cut off left side of heart, starting 1/4 in. to left of center point; repeat for right side. Each wing will be 1/4 in. larger than 1/2 heart size. Cut slits with craft knife and shape into points for feathered effect; let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Tint 4 oz of white fondant flesh color as shown using copper color or tint to desired shade. Roll 1 3/8 in. ball for head. Insert a 3 in. piece of uncooked spaghetti into ball, leaving 2 in. extended. Attach facial features with damp brush: Attach a 1/8 in. ball for nose. Cut mouth with craft knife and use small end of veining tool from 10-pc. Fondant/Gum paste set to shape open mouth. For eyes, flatten 1/16 in. white balls and attach. Tint a 1/4 in. ball black; roll and attach tiny balls for pupils. For ears, roll 1/8 in. ball of fondant; flatten, cut in half and attach. Tint 1/4 in. ball of fondant rose, shape and attach for tongue. Let heads dry overnight. When head is dry, roll a 2 in. diameter fondant ball and shape into a 2 x 1 1/4 egg; attach body on spaghetti piece extending from head. For legs, roll two 2 x 1/2 in. logs; bend end over 1/2 in. for feet. Score toes using knife tool. Push 2 in. piece of uncooked spaghetti through leg and into body. For diaper, cut a 2 x 1 in. white fondant triangle and attach. Make a hole imprint for belly button with tip of thin modeling stick. Support figure against waxed paper-covered craft block to continue assembling. Tint a 1 in. ball of white fondant Golden yellow for hair. Roll out yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 1 x 1/16 in. wide strips and wind around spaghetti to shape curls. Carefully slide off and attach to head with thinned fondant adhesive.
Roll 2 in. x 1/2 in. logs for arms, taper ends and bend to form elbow; bend 3/8 in. for hands and cut fingers with knife. Bend arms in position and attach with thinned fondant adhesive. Support arms with cotton balls or against a waxed paper covered craft block. Attach wings to back of cherub with thinned fondant adhesive; let dry.