Carriage, Wheels and Trim
This carriage stands on lollipop stick legs, which are attached to the bottom with balls of fondant. After rolling the fondant balls, be sure to press them lightly against the bottom of the egg mold so that they will conform to its shape without gaps.
- Easy-Add Easter Eggs Candy Mold Set Add to shopping list Easter Eggs Candy Mold Set
- Paring Knife
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter (smalled cutter used)Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list Lollipop Sticks
For carriage bottom, dust outside of rounded half (no flat bottom) of largest mold from Easter Eggs Mold Set. Roll out fondant/gum paste mixture 1/16 in. thick and position on egg mold half; trim off excess even with bottom of mold; let dry completely on mold for 1 to 2 days. For carriage hood, repeat process used for carriage bottom. Trim off 2 1/2 in. from larger end of egg; let dry 1 to 2 days.
To assemble carriage, attach hood to bottom with tip 3 and royal icing. Pipe tip 3 beads around seam.
For wheels, roll out fondant/gum paste mixture 1/8 in. thick. Cut 4 wheels with largest round Cut-Out. For carriage trims, roll out fondant/gum paste mixture 1/16 in. thick. Cut 20 circles using smallest round Cut-Out; cut circles in half. Let wheels and trims dry on board dusted with cornstarch Set aside. Attach half-circle trims to rim of carriage hood and bottom with royal icing. Pipe tip 3 spirals on wheels. Attach wheels to lollipop sticks and position carriage at party.