Our friendly butterfly stands out on your cake with its stand-up fondant wings. Use Color Mist™ food color spray to decorate wings in a variety of shades or to create fun designs.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Orange Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Orange Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Royal Icing (medium consistency)
- Easy-Add Butterfly Perimeter Cutter Add to shopping list Butterfly Perimeter Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Waxed paper
- Craft knife
Several days in advance, start your butterflies. This will give them time to dry for a 3-D Butterfly. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of Gum-Tex with 4 oz. of fondant. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Use butterfly cutter to cut shape from white fondant. Place paper down to catch overspray. Place shape in center of paper and spray butterfly using Color Mist™. Score a piece of cardboard down center with craft knife, dust lightly with cornstarch and position butterfly on score line. Bend up each side of cardboard at a 45° angle and prop up so that wings dry in flight position; let dry.
Using black royal icing, pipe tip 3 spiral antennae 1 in. long on waxed paper covered cake board; let dry completely. Using lemon yellow tinted icing, pipe tip 8 dot head and elongated shell body on each butterfly.
Insert antennae in head. Pipe tip 1 dot eyes and outline mouth in black icing. Pipe tip 4 dots in lemon yellow icing on wings. Let dry.
If the butterfly needs to fly off the cake, attach a 6 or 8 in. lollipop stick to the back side using royal icing or even melted Candy Melts.