Betsy Ross, Table, Needles and Thread
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Craft knife
- Waxed paper
For Figure: Mix 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex™ into 1 pk. pink fondant from Natural Multi Packs; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut body using largest girl cutter from 101 Cookie Cutters Set; set on cornstarch-dusted surface. Trim 3/8 in. off end of each arm; smooth cut edge with finger. Knead together a 1 1/2 in. ball each of blue and white until evenly blended. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut dress using girl cutter. Cut slits under arms and shape sleeves; build up shoulders with a bit of fondant. Attach to body with damp brush. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut with girl cutter then cut to shape apron. Attach over dress. Pinch sleeve ends to thin at wrists. Shape hands from small balls of pink fondant; attach under sleeves. For hat base, roll out white fondant 1/4 in. thick. Use girl cutter to cut just top of head; move cutter down 3/4 in. and cut again for crescent shape. Attach on head and shape. Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick; cut a 1/2 x 3 in. strip. Place on shaping foam and use ball tool to soften edge and shape ruffle. Attach to hat. For shoes, shape 2 brown teardrops 1 1/2 in. long and attach over feet. For hair, roll a 1/4 in. diameter brown rope. Gather into zigzags and attach. Roll 1/4 in. white balls for eyes; attach and flatten slightly. Roll 1/8 in. balls for pupils and nose; attach. Roll thin log and attach for mouth. Cut 2 triangular supports for figure, each 1 x 3 in. high. Let all pieces dry 48 hours. Attach supports to back of figure using Thinned Fondant Adhesive. Let dry.
For Table: Cut cookie sticks into four 2 in. lengths. Mix 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex™ into 2 oz. brown fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 1 3/4 x 2 1/2 in. rectangular tabletop; set on cornstarch-dusted surface. Roll out remaining brown mixture 1/16 in. thick. Cut strips and wrap around cookie stick legs; secure using damp brush. Smooth seams and trim as needed. Roll a 1/4 in. diameter rope. Cut and curve into rings that fit around legs. Attach rings and legs to tabletop using damp brush. Let dry 48 hours.
For Spool of Thread: Roll white fondant into 1/2 x 1/4 in. log; flatten ends. Roll out brown fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use tip 12 to cut 2 circles; attach to ends of white log. Use craft knife to score thread lines in white section. Roll a 1 in. long, very thin strand of white fondant; attach to spool for loose thread. For Needles: Roll a 1/16 x 1 1/2 in. brown rope. Flatten one end and cut slit for eye. Taper opposite end to a point. Roll a very thin strand of white fondant and attach for thread. Make 2.