The handsome Bachelor Button is an excellent choice on men's cakes and in summer floral arrangements. They look terrific in blue, white, pink or lavender.
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Waxed paper squares 1 1/2 inchEasy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
Decorate with: Tip 12 for center mound, tip 16 for center pull out stars, tip 18 for pull out star petals and medium consistency icing. Use flower nail no. 7 with rose template covered with icing flower square. For center, hold bag at 90° angle to flower nail, slightly touching surface. Hold tip slightly above center of flower nail. For petals, hold bag at 45° angle with tip just above mound.
With heavy pressure, pipe tip 12 mound, approximately 3/4 in. diameter. Stop squeezing, lift tip just above icing and shave off any point with the end of tip.
For center, pipe pull-out stars using tip 16. Hold tip so it is slightly touching center of mound; squeeze, lifting tip up approximately 3/16 in. high. Release pressure and pull tip away.
Holding bag at 45° angle, cover mound with tip 18 stars. Position tip just above mound, squeeze until star shape is formed. Release pressure and pull away. Start at base and work upward toward center.
Hint:This simple version of a bachelor button can be piped in buttercream icing, directly on a cupcake or made ahead of time in royal icing.