Baby Cake Topper
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Yellow Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Yellow Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Combine 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex with 4 oz. fondant; tint yellow. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using a 5 in. diameter bowl or plate as your guide, cut a circle. Move guide over 2 in. and cut again for crescent shape. Let dry on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch.
Tint 1 tablespoon of piping gel with 2-3 drops of White-White. Spread over moon with a spatula. Use a spoon to crush and push Cake Sparkles through strainer and onto moon for an even dusting. Let dry on board.
For baby, combine 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex with 2 oz. fondant; pinch off a 3/4 in. ball for diaper and tint remainder light copper. Roll a 3/4 in. ball for head, 5/8 in. ball for upper body, 1/2 in. long log for arm, 5/8 in. long log for leg with foot. With moon still on board, assemble baby, attaching pieces using damp brush. Use tip of knife to indent fingers and mouth. Attach a tiny ball for nose. Use FoodWriter to draw eyes. When completely dry, attach a Lollipop Stick to back using fondant adhesive (or melted candy); allow 4 in. of stick to extend at bottom to insert into cake.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more