Hollow blocks, constructed of 4 gum paste squares, are a fun way to camouflage pillars between tiers—the pillars bear the weight. The fondant lettering which decorates each block can be accented with other cut fondant shapes such as hearts or stars using small Wilton Cut-Outs.
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
Prepare 2 cans of gum paste. Roll out 1/8 in. thick; cut 16 squares, 3 x 3 in. Let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted boards. The next day, turn squares over and let dry completely overnight. When dry, attach squares side-to-side with thinned fondant adhesive to form blocks; let dry.
Add trims. Tint 24 oz. of fondant blue and 6 oz. each in light rose, green and yellow; reserve remaining white fondant. Using alphabet cutters from 101 Cookie Cutters Set, cut 4 green B, 4 yellow A, 4 rose B and 4 blue Y letters. As needed, cut out centers of letters with craft knife. Attach letters to blocks with damp brush. For borders, cut assorted fondant strips, 1/4 x 3 in. long; attach with damp brush. Let dry.
At reception, completed blocks will be positioned around pillars on 14 in. cake. The 10 in. cake and the bear cake will be placed on top.