The aster is such a popular flower, due to its textured sunburst of petals that point almost straight up. Great for Mother’s Day or shower cakes.
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 74 Add to shopping list Tip: 74
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Waxed paper squares 1 1/2 inchEasy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
Using tip 7, pipe a mound of icing for base, approximately 3/4" diameter.
Position the tip with the flattened, larger point on the top, pipe a row of short, pointed petals, about 3/8" long, around base using tip 74 with bag at 45° at 3:00 (9:00). 1/8 inch above nail surface. Pipe a second row with petals shorter and points placed between those in first row. Repeat for third row, with still shorter petals.
With tip slightly above flower, fill in center with shorter petals almost straight up.