Stunning Small Cakes
Lesson 1: Meet Valerie & Get Started
- Learn to stack, crumb coat and cover an extended tier with fondant. These super-tall 6" (15 cm) cakes are the base for all of the projects you’ll make in this class. Preview all four cakes.
Lesson 2: Flower Overlay Cake
- Learn how to make four flowers using cutters and decorate with trendy hand painting and brush embroidery. Add some leaves and get inside design tips for placing your flowers.
Lesson 3: Fantasy Flower Cake
- Learn to make four hand-formed flowers, this time all formed by hand, including a carnation, quilled flower, a classic ribbon rose and a stunning ruffled flower and how to use metallics to modernize it.
Lesson 4: Mosaic Cake & Succulents
- Learn how to make mosaic plaques for a square-shaped cake. Then, learn to make and color a succulent to top your design.
Lesson 5: Metallic Striped Cake
- Learn your final flower, a peony-inspired show-stopper, as Valerie takes you step by step through the creation of this gorgeous design. Then, color metallic strips and attach them to your cake.