Vanilla Glazed Baked Cake Doughnuts
2 cups cake flour, sifted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Non-stick vegetable pan spray
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Measuring Cup Add to shopping list Measuring Cup
- Easy-Add Measuring Spoons Add to shopping list Measuring Spoons
- Easy-Add 6-Cavity Doughnut Pan Add to shopping list 6-Cavity Doughnut Pan
- large bowl
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- small bowl
Doughnuts:Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray Doughnut Pan with vegetable cooking spray.
In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Beat until just combined. Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full.
Bake 7-9 minutes or until the tops of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing. Doughnuts are best served fresh.
Vanilla Glaze: In small bowl, stir together sugar, milk and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved. Use immediately to glaze donuts.