Cookie Sheets & Je…
Tuilles (Cookie Crepes)
- 6 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Easy-Add Bake-Easy!™ Non-Stick Spray Add to shopping list Bake-Easy!™ Non-Stick Spray
About 20 scroll cookies.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheets with vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and flour until blended and smooth. Beat in melted butter, vanilla and salt. Preparing 2 cookies at a time, drop 2 tablespoons batter onto cookie sheet, about 6 in. apart. Spread with tapered spatula to form a 4 x 6 in. oval. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden.
Working quickly, remove cookies with tapered spatula and roll over plastic dowel rod, wrapping from 4 in. side to form 4 in. wide cookies. If cookies become too hard to shape, return cookie sheet to oven for 1-2 minutes to soften slightly. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Store in airtight container or add filling if desired.