- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion , diced
- 1 green pepper , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , diced
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice (from 8 oz. can, reserve fruit for serving)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs , plus addictional for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
About 8 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray both pieces of meatloaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and insert drip pan into loaf pan.
In large skillet over medium heat, cook onion, green pepper and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. In small bowl, stir together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Add to onion mixture; continue cooking until liquid reduces by half, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
In large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and vegetable mixture. Gently pack into drip pan; mound in center.
Bake 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 165°F. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parsley and serve with pineapple slices, if desired.