Sparkle Edge Icebox Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter cut into 16 pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Jimmies 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Jimmies 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
- Easy-Add Sparkling Sugars Add to shopping list Sparkling Sugars
About 3 dozen cookies.
Preheat oven to 350°F. In food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse several times to mix. Add butter and pulse until butter is broken up and incorporated with the flour to form a crumbly mixture. In small bowl, combine egg yolks, milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture. Pulse until dough comes together.
Turn out onto waxed paper and form dough into one 10-inch log. Roll in colored sprinkles or sugars and chill several hours until firm.
Once chilled, slice into 1/4-inch slices and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.