Pearlized Sugar - …
Snowflake Shortbread Cut-outs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Gold Pearlized Sugar Add to shopping list Gold Pearlized Sugar
- Easy-Add Ruby Pearlized Sugar Add to shopping list Ruby Pearlized Sugar
- Easy-Add Sapphire Pearlized Sugar Add to shopping list Sapphire Pearlized Sugar
About 2 dozen cookies.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. In large bowl, beat shortening, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract until smooth, about 1 minute; add flour mixture, beating on low speed until incorporated. Do not refrigerate dough.
Divide dough into two disks. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 in. thick. Cut with snowflake cutter; carefully transfer cookies to baking sheet using spatula (cookies will be tender). Reroll excess dough to cut out remaining cookies.
Bake 8-11 minutes or until very light golden around edges. Remove to cooling grid; cool completely.
Outline and fill in with white royal icing; let dry. Add tip 2 snowflake icing outlines; sprinkle with pearlized sugars; let dry.