- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- Easy-Add no-color almond extract Add to shopping list no-color almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
About 24 cupcakes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In mixer bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Mix in vanilla and almond flavor.
5. Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting with the flour.
7. Pour into prepared pans.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
1. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and milk.
2. Beat with mixer until well blended.
3. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Fill cupcakes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. Beat meringue powder and 1/2 cup cold water until stiff, about 4 minutes.
2. In microwave safe bowl stir sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water.
3. In microwave bring syrup mixture to a boil (approx. 5 minutes).
4. Remove, let mixture cool slightly (1-2 minutes).
5. Slowly add syrup to meringue mixture.
6. Beat on HIGH for 4 minutes.
For top of range: Mix sugar, corn syrup and water in 2 qt. saucepan. Bring to boil; cool slightly and follow directions above.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the icing for a traditional flavor!