1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- Easy-Add no-color almond extract Add to shopping list no-color almond extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Each cookie serves 1.
Recipe may be doubled.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add 1 cup at a time to butter mixture, mixing after each addition.
3. Do not chill dough.
4. Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. wide and 1/8 in. thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use.
5. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet on top rack of oven for 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more