Pure Vanilla Extra…
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 20 creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies (2 cup ground)
- 2 tablespoons Melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese , softened
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 3 squares (3 ounces) semi-sweet baking chocolate , melted
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- 10 in. Perfect Recipe Springform Pan
Preheat oven to 325º. Place a large shallow pan of water in bottom of oven. For crust, lightly grease 10-inch springform pan with vegetable pan spray. In food processor, grind cookies until fine. Combine crumbs with sugar and melted butter; press into bottom of pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool completely.
Lower oven temperature to 250°F. In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping often. Beat in cream, vanilla and cornstarch until mixture is smooth. Set aside 4 cups of the batter. Add food coloring and melted chocolate to remaining batter; mix until well blended. Pour chocolate batter over crust, spreading evenly. Carefully spoon reserved batter over chocolate batter.
Bake 1 hour-1 1/4 hours or until filling is set but still jiggles slightly in center when pan is gently shaken. Turn oven off and with door closed allow cheesecake to remain in oven for 1 hour. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.