Pure Vanilla Extra…
Raspberry Spirals Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Easy-Add Red Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Red Colored Sugar
About 3 dozen.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until just combined. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12 inch by 9 inch rectangle about 1/4 inch. thick. Spread jam evenly over dough; sprinkle red sugar evenly over jam. Starting on long side, roll dough tightly to seal. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least two hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4 in. slices; place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet on cooling rack 5 minutes; remove from sheet and cool completely.