Raspberry Buttercream Icing
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine , softened
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (about 1 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Rose Icing Color , optionalEasy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- 1 pint fresh raspberries , optional
In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add raspberry preserves and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
If desired, add a drop of Wilton Rose Icing Color to deepen the pink color. Ice cooled cupcakes. Garnish, if desired, with a fresh raspberry.