Pure Vanilla Extra…
Peppermint Ribbon Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Peppermint Candy Flavoring Add to shopping list Peppermint Candy Flavoring
- Christmas Red Icing Color , as desiredEasy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Candy Cane Colorburst Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Candy Cane Colorburst Candy Melts® Candy
About 6 dozen cookies.
In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and peppermint candy flavoring; mix well. Add flour mixture, one cup at a time; mixing well after each addition.
Remove 1/3 of dough; reserve. To remaining 2/3 dough in mixer bowl, beat in red icing color. Roll and shape dough between parchment paper into two 6 x 8 in. disks. Roll and shape untinted dough between parchment paper to a 6 x 8 in. disk. Chill all dough rectangles at least 1 hour.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Peel parchment from dough pieces. Stack dough rectangles with untinted dough rectangle between the two red pieces,lining them up as evenly as possible; gently press pieces together. Gently roll with rolling pin to seal layers; trim uneven edges with sharp knife. Cut dough lengthwise into three 2 in. wide slices; cut each column crosswise into 1/4 in. thick pieces. Arrange 2 in. apart on parchment-lined cookie pans. Chill 1/2 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown. Remove cookies to cooling grids; cool completely.
Dip cooled cookies into melted Candy Melts; set on parchment-lined cookie pans. Chill until candy is set. Store in airtight container.