13 x 9 in. Recipe …
Orange Sheet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoons orange extract
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
Cake serves 12.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9 x 13 in. sheet pan with vegetable pan spray.
In medium bowl, combine flour, orange zest, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar 1/4 cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as needed; when combined, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and orange extracts. Add half of flour mixture; beat on low speed until nearly combined. Add buttermilk to moisten; add in remaining flour mixture, beating until just incorporated. Spread batter evenly in pan.
Bake 25-33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan completely before icing.
When cake is completely cool, spread orange cream cheese icing over the top.