Cookie Sheets & Je…
Oatmeal Chocolate Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter , softened (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rum extract or pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 1 package milk or dark chocolate-covered raisins (about 1 1/2 cups)
about 2 dozen cookies.
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat shortening, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and rum extract; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie pan, spacing 2-inches apart. Press down cookie mixture gently.
Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven; cool cookies in pan 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling grid; cool completely.
Gift Giving Tip: Oatmeal Chocolate Raisin Cookies fit perfectly in Hexagon Treat Boxes. Decorate a treat box with ribbon, paper cut outs, and, of course, a gift tag! Place cookies, separated by flattened Baking Cups, in your decorated box.