Recipe Right® Cook…
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter , softened
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-1/2 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 bag (11.5 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup Toasted walnuts , optional
About 6 dozen cookies.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray cookie pans with vegetable pan spray.
In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; add buttermilk and vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add oats, raisins and walnuts, blending well. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes. Remove to cooling grid; cool completely.