3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup instant coffee granules
1 cup irish cream liqueur, divided
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons butter, softened (1 1/4 stick)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup irish cream liqueur
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (about 1 lb.)
- Easy-Add Gold Pearlized Sugar Add to shopping list Gold Pearlized Sugar
Makes about 24 cupcakes
- Easy-Add Measuring Cup Add to shopping list Measuring Cup
- Easy-Add Measuring Spoons Add to shopping list Measuring Spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Easy-Add Whisk Add to shopping list Whisk
- Easy-Add Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Rubber Spatula Add to shopping list Rubber Spatula
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
In small bowl, heat milk in the microwave until steaming. Add instant coffee and whisk until dissolved. Add 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur. Cool slightly.
In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beating well after each addition. Beat until just combined. Fill baking cups 2/3 full with batter.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on cooling grid 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Poke tops of cupcakes 3-4 times with fork. Spoon 1 teaspoon Irish cream liqueur over each cupcake.
In small bowl, heat Irish cream liqueur in the microwave until steaming. Add instant coffee and whisk until dissolved. Let cool slightly.
In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Alternately add confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time, with coffee mixture, scraping sides and bottom of bowl often. Beat until fluffy.
Pipe a 1M swirl of icing on each cupcake. Sprinkle with Gold Pearlized Sugar.