Cookie Sheets & Je…
Large Batch Roll-Out Cookies
- 2 cups (1 lb.) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
Makes about 6 dozen 3-inch cookies.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough.
Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use.
Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.