13 x 9 x 2 in. Exc…
Fall Harvest Cobbler
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter chilled and cut into 12 pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening chilled and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 5 Granny Smith apples cored, peeled, cut into large slices
- 4 pears cut into large slices
- 6 plums pitted, cut into large slices
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots halved
- Easy-Add Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract Add to shopping list Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange zest finely grated
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar plus additional for sprinkling
Cobbler serves 12.
For crust, combine flour, salt, sugar and butter in bowl of food processor. Pulse several times until mixture resembles wet sand.
Add shortening, and continue pulsing until bits are about the size of peas. Slowly add ice water and continue pulsing until dough just comes together.
Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, combine fruit, vanilla, cornstarch and zest; mix gently.
Spoon into prepared pan. Roll chilled dough out on floured surface to a 10 x 14-inch rectangle.
Using mini cutters, cut 8-10 holes from dough. Lay dough over prepared fruit; tuck edges under.
Brush surface with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden.