15 1/4 x 10 1/4 in…
Espresso Shortbread Cookies
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces white chocolate , melted (optional)
About 6 dozen cookies.
Preheat oven to 300°F.
In small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; set aside. In medium bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla. Add flour and coffee mixture; mix until dough is smooth. Chill dough 1 hour.
On floured surface, roll 1/8 in. thick. Cut into 2-1/2" x 1-1/2" rectangles; place on ungreased jelly roll pan.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on pan. Remove to cooling grid; cool completely. If desired, dip in white chocolate.