Dutch Apple Pie
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 4 large Granny Smith apples , peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (quick cook)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
Preheat oven 400ºF. In large bowl, combine apple slices and lemon juice. In small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apple slices; mix well to coat.
Line pie pan with crust, forming a fluted edge. For topping, combine all ingredients until crumbly. Pour filling into crust. Sprinkle with topping.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and streusel is crisp. (Cover pie loosely with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes to avoid overbrowning). Cool pie in pan on cooling rack at least 1 hour before serving.