Cranberry Walnut Tarts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter , cut into small pieces
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese , cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries , coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
About 3 dozen.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; mix well. Add butter pieces; beat with electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cream cheese; mix until a soft dough forms (do not over mix). Divide dough into two flat disks, wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
For filling, combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into star shapes using a 3 in. star cutter. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of the filling into center of each cut-out. Fold points of star in toward center, leaving filling exposed. Pinch dough around outside edge at all 5 seams. Space 1-1/2" apart on cookie sheet.
Bake for 16-18 minutes or until bottoms of tarts are deep golden brown. Remove to cooling grids; cool completely.