Class Buttercream Icing (Stiff Consistency)-*
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Flavor (vanilla, almond or butter)
- 7-8 teaspoons milk or water
- 1 lb. confectioners' sugar
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
About 2 1/2 cups icing.
* Wilton Flavors may be used in any combination to suit your taste.
†In case of egg allergies, meringue powder may be eliminated.
Cream shortening, flavoring and water. Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together. Blend an additional minute or so, until creamy.
Add 3/4 cup cocoa or three 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares, melted, and an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons water to recipe. Mix until well blended.