Chocolate Pound Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate melted
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
About 18 standard cupcakes. Each cupcake serves 1.
Preheat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir baking soda into sour cream. Alternately add sour cream and flour mixture to butter mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.