Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
About 18 standard cupcakes. Each cupcake serves 1.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter together either in microwave oven or on top of range over low heat. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Pour into electric mixer bowl. Add sugar; beat until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at time. Add vanilla. Stir in 1/2 cup flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add remaining flour and water; mix until smooth. Fold remaining cup of chocolate chips into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.