10 in. Fancy Ring …
- 1 cup Candied Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup Candied Red Cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup Candied Green Cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons Candied Lemon Peel, diced
- 1 tablespoon candied citron, diced
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons Grated Fresh Orange Peel
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
20 servings of fruitcake.
Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray pan with non-stick vegetable pan spray.
In medium bowl, combine pineapple, cherries, lemon peel, citron and brandy. In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until frothy. Slowly beat in sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, mixing well. Stir in fruit with brandy, pecans, chocolate chips and orange peel. Mix until well blended.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool on rack 10 minutes. Turn out of pan; cool completely.
Melt white Candy Melts® according to package directions. Spoon over top of cake. Garnish with candy clay holly leaves and berries.
Prepare candy clay recipe. Then add candy color. Knead a small portion at a time. Candy will be very hard at start. If it gets too soft, set aside at room temperature or refrigerate briefly.
When rolling out candy, sprinkle surface with cornstarch to prevent sticking. Thickness of rolled out candy should be approximately 1/8 in.
Cut leaves, using knife and your own pattern. Use a toothpick to trace veins in leaves.
Roll red berries between fingers. Dry leaves over rounded surface for shape.
This garnish can be made ahead of fruitcake.
*Brand confectionery coating.