Cookie Sheets & Je…
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1 package (14 oz.) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 package (about 2/3 cup) Finely ground almonds
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy melted (optional)Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Pink Candy Melts® Candy melted (optional)Easy-Add Pink Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Pink Candy Melts® Candy
About 2 dozen cookies.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment. In large bowl, mix coconut, almonds, sugar and salt. Add egg whites, almond and vanilla extracts; mix until well blended. Drop by tablespoons, 1 in. apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes; transfer to cooling grid to cool completely.
If desired, dip all or part of cooled cookies into melted cocoa Candy Melts; place on parchment to set. Drizzle with pink Candy Melts; let set. When completely firm, store in covered container.
*Brand confectionery coating.