- 1 cup ground pecans
- 2 cups Crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3/4 lb. cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 14 oz. Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy coarsely choppedEasy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
Cheesecake serves 12.
Use this recipe for one 9 in. heart cake.
Prepare pans: Fit a cake board into the bottom of the 9 in. springform pan. (Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese and sugar in mixing bowl. Using electric mixer, cream mixture until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, while mixing. Melt Candy Melts following package directions. Cool 7-10 minutes. It is important that candy be cooled, but still liquid. If too hot, candy will get lumpy when added to batter. Add cooled candy, vanilla and whipping cream to cream cheese mixture. Blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Place pan into large ovenproof pan or dish. Pour hot water into large pan until it reaches 1/2 in. up sides of pan. Bake in center of oven 1 3/4 to 2 hours. To test for doneness, gently shake pan. The top of cake should move as one solid piece. There should be no soupy movement in center. Cake will set completely when refrigerated. Remove from oven to cool. Refrigerate overnight or for 12 hours.
To Unmold: Run a straight-edge spatula around edge of pan. Release spring and remove ring. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cake keeps well in refrigerator, well covered, up to one week.
*Brand confectionery coating.