Chocolate Berry Tart
- 1/2 cup Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy coarsely choppedEasy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup Shortbread Cookie crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 lrg egg yolks
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- strawberries for garnish
Tart serves 8- 10.
In medium sauce pan, combine milk and chocolate chips. Bring to a simmer and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and egg yolks in mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until thick and pale yellow about 2 minutes. Gradually pour about 1/3 of the hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture, stirring to combine.
Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan and cook whisking constantly, until the custard is thickened and begins to bubble over low to medium heat. Continue to cook whisking 45-60 seconds.
Using a clean spatula, scrape the custard into a clean bowl. Stir in vanilla extract.
Cover the surface with wax or parchment paper to prevent skin from forming. Let cool, then refrigerate 20 minutes. Will keep refrigerated up to two days.
Spread ganache into cooled crust. Top with chocolate pastry cream and garnish with fresh strawberries. (Can be refrigerated up to two days.)